Our Breakfast Cooks Prepare the Best Breakfast in Bethpage!
* Sunday, April 21st is EASTER SUNDAY! - HE IS RISEN!
* Sunday Morning (Palm Sunday), April 14th, is our Annual Breakfast with the Easter Bunny! Please look for the brochure on a special tab on this website and reserve a spot for your kiddies or grandchildren!
*Our Annual Blood Drive is Monday, May 20th from 2:00 PM to 8 PM. Help to Save a Life - Give a Pint! Our Thanks to Jack Batt for his Leadership!
* Remember to purchase your 300 Club Raffle tickets! Its a Special Council Fundraiser and it comes with a Gala Dinner in the Fall!
Please reach out to "300 Club” Chairman Tony Labadie at (516-319-7818 for tickets
*Join us at our next Council meeting on Tuesday, April 2nd 8:30 PM.
* Our Catholic War Veterans will be meeting at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, April 9th.
* Open House at Hartigan Council - Thursday, March 28th at 8 PM...Come Down and see what we have to offer....and perhaps, if you were looking to get involved, its never too late to do so!
* Saturday / Sunday - March 23/24 was our Membership Drive at Church after all Masses. Thanks to all the Brothers who helped out!
* At our meeting on February 5th, our guest speaker was Father Denis Sweeney, C.Ss.R. Father Denis gave a great presentation and showed a video of a local tv star - him! He was once on the TV Show Dog Whisperer. Episode was called Holy Terror with host Cesar Millan.
* St. Patrick's Parade in Bethpage was Sunday, March 3
* Sunday, March 10th was our Lenten Pancake /Egg / Sausage Breakfast at St. Martin of Tours...We Hosted and cooked and served! Thanks to all our Brothers who came down and lent a hand!
* Thanks for all of the help at our Annual KofC Basektball Free Throw Contest! And to PGK Bob DeRosa for chairing this event.
* Our Knight of the Year for the calendar year 2018 was announced at our Annual Members Christmas Party. This years selected honoree is Ron Baumbach, Lecturer.
* Our Annual Children's Breakfast with Santa was Sunday, December 16th from 9:30 AM to Noon. Led by our GK Joe Interrante it was a fabulous day! Breakfast was served followed by a visit by the Jolly man in the Red Suit! See this months Shield for photos!
*Our Annual Members Christmas Party was Friday, December 14th at our Council from 7-11. For $25 per person, all of us received a gourmet hot buffet meal, wine, beer or soda and coffee, tea and desert and music for our conversational holiday pleasure! Thanks to PGK Ray Haller and PGK Kevin Zaremba for all of their hard work in making this party such a great success!
*On our Tuesday, December 4th Meeting we joined Knights all over the Globe as we did our annual "Light Up For Christ"
*At our meeting Tuesday, November 20th, our Guest Speaker was our Chaplain, Father Pat , who presented a most inspiring video from St. Martin's new program called Formed.org about one man who made a difference: Father Kapaun…..who is now Blessed and hopefully will someday be named a Saint.
*On Tuesday, November 20th, our local school children and their families helped those who needed a nourishing meal for Thanksgiving in our annual Thanksgiving Food Drive as a number of our Knights came together to collect food from the families at Central Boulevard School and then distribute to those in need for Thanksgiving! Thank you students and families and also our fellow Knights.
*Our 80's Dance was a Blast! All had a great time! Thanks to PGK Jim Muller, PGK Steve DeRosa & PGK Bob DeRosa for their hard work!
*St. Martin of Tours Parish Block Party was Friday, August 24th! A Great time as once again our brothers were the best chefs in town!
* Elections were held at our June Meeting. Congratulations to our new Treasurer - Nicholas West! Welcome Nick! Otherwise the majority of our Current Officers remain for another year! Thanks for serving!
* A Heartfelt THANK YOU to Jim Duke for his many MANY years of most capably serving in this position! Thanks JIM! Welcome Nick!
*QUATTRO de MAYO many joined us for our 2nd Annual Fiesta Night! FRIDAY MAY 4TH Celebrate with our Taco Bar and Make Your Own Tacos, Rice Platos or Mexican Ensaladas with Grilled Chicken, Ground Beef and more… Corona Beer, Margaritas, Sangria, Tap Beer, Wine & Soda Included Games, Prizes and Raffles La música with DJ Tim $25 pp - It was a fabulous time!
*GK Joe Interrante hosted a New Member Information Meeting on Thursday, April 12th. Similiar to what was done on January 16. A very informative session for all, including current members. Discussion and video presentation on all the great things that Knights do, including an overview of some famous people who also were and are Knights!
*KofC Basketball Free Throw Contest was held at Bethpage JFK Middle School, Saturday, January 20th. Managed by PGK Bob DeRosa. Thanks to all the Knights who came to help out and cheer our players on!
*Febuary 4 - at our Council - SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! Contact Bar Steward Vinnie Romano to get involved in the plans that day and reserve a spot!
*At our Annual Members Christmas Party this year, GK Joe Interrante announced the selection of our Recorder, Steve Descovich as our Knight of the Year! A very well deserved honor. Steve has done so many benevolent acts of kindness for our Council as well as for the St. Martin of Tours Parish! Congratulations Steve!
* The Childrens Breakfast with Santa on Sunday, December 17th was a rousing success! Over 160 attendees....with so many children waiting to see the Big Man in the Jolly Red Suit! A Great time was had by all!
* Our Members Christmas Party held on December 12th was a gourmet delight! Fabulous job by our event co-chairmen: PGK's Ray Haller and Kevin Zaremba and their families! Thanks for a job very well done! And Thanks to Father Denis and member John Brolly for leading us in our annual rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas - always a highlight of the event!
*On Tuesday, December 5th, a number of Knights and spouses came together for our Annual Light Up For Christ Event....when we light up our Nativity in front of the Council. A repast followed and the Winners of the K of C Poster Contest were announced....with the vast majority of the winners present to receive their awards from Father Pat and Chairman of the Poster Contest, Steve Descovich. A record number of entries were submitted this year making it extremely difficult for our judges to decide!
*Get ready for the Annual Basketball Free Throw Contest to be held in early January. More details to follow.
*A Very Active November with Many Many Benevolent Activities by our Council:
- In honor of St. Martin, a Coat Drive at St. Martin of Tours was managed by your fellow Knights resulting in over 300 coats being donated by parishioners for those in need for a cold winter ahead!
- The students and faculty from Central Boulvard School in Bethpage donated many many food items, including turkeys and Thanksgiving dinner staples, filling up some 4 trucks. Food was collected by our Knights and distributed to needy families in the area that evening as well as donated to the St. Martin of Tours Food Pantry.
- Our Council sold over 300 C&B (Charitable and Benevolent Program) raffle books!
*On Saturday, November 4th, Mass was celebrated at 9 AM in Memory of Parishioners who have passed in the past year. Including our fellow brother Knights who left us in the last year. Such as Mario Gervasi, PGK Lou Gaccione, Recorder Bernie Helldorfferr, PGK Rich Muller and others.
May they all RIP.
* Our Council mourns the passing of PGK Rich Muller. May he RIP and Thank You Rich for your many years of excellent service to the Council and the Community.
* FAMILY NIGHT PIZZA PARTY was a Huge Success!
It was our first Family Night Pizza Party in the Council’s Jack McKeon Lounge.
Friday October 20th
Pizza - Salad - Soda
We also had Halloween Holiday crafts for the children to enjoy
ONLY $20 PER FAMILY!
*Testimonial Dinner Dance in honor of our Immediate Past Grand Knight Steve DeRosa was held Saturday, September 30, 2017. 7:PM - Midnight. A great turnout for our former GK.
"300 Club" Cocktail Party was held at the Council on Sunday, September 24,2017 from 2:PM to 5:00 PM.
* Our Council mourns the passing of PGK and friend to many Lou Gaccione. An inspiration to many through his kindness and good works. We will miss his leadership, guidance and especially his friendship.
*Elections were held at Council Meeting June 6th. Our Next Grand Knight will be current DGK Joe Interrante. Current Warden, Hank Hobbs will be DGK. Installation of New Officers scheduled for Tuesday, September 19th at 8:00 PM
*We Celebrated Cinco de Mayo ( May 5) at your Council! It was only $20 a person, and included tacos, margaritas etc. A Great Night had by ALL!
* Easter Bunny Breakfast Breakfast was held at the Council on Sunday, April 9th from 9:30 - 12 Noon. DGK Joe Interrante and his team did a fabulous job!
* St. Martin of Tours Parish Lenten Breakfast was hosted by your Knights of Columbus on Sunday, March 26 from 9:30 - 11:30 AM. In St. Alphonsus Hall, behind the church. A free will offering was taken up and donated to the Parish for the needy.
* Irish Night at the Council was Thursday, March 16th at 7:00 PM in the Jack McKeon Lounge! All enjoyed an excellent corned beef and cabbage dinner with dessert, coffee, tea, beer, wine and soda! For only $25.00 a person, it was tremendous. We had to Reserve Early since Seating was Limited! Thanks to Pete Volberg , Hank Hobbs and Steve Descovich!
* On Thursday March 9th Hartigan Manor had an open house at the council with music, food, and drinks. Many members, even those who have been away for a while, came on down to say hello. If any member has a friend or relative who might be interested in joining our council, please advise 3` well. Contact me for more details (516-574-3368).
* During our Tuesday, March 7th's Council Meeting, our Chaplain, Father Pat, led us in a timely Lenten Service. Please see his presentation above.
* March with your fellow Knights at the Bethpage St. Patricks Day Parade on Sunday, March 5th! Mass is at 1:00 PM at St. Martins followed by the Annual Parade!
* Our Three Sharpshooting basketball stars in the K of C Free Throw Contest moved on to another round at Holy Trinity HS on Sunday, Febrary 12th
* On Tuesday February 7th, our council had two special guests: NY State Deputy Bob Weitzman and Colorado State Deputy Jim Caffrey. SD Jim Caffrey was a member of our council in the 80s and wanted to visit the council that got him started in the Knights of Columbus.*
*Our 2nd Annual Meatball Mania Extravaganza was at our Council on Friday, January 13, 2017. All enjoyed their favorite Meatballs as they tried to win the grand prize!
* Our Annual Christmas Party was at the Council on Friday, December 16!
* The Annual Breakfast with Santa was Sunday, December 18th, after Mass.
* Our Thanksgiving Food Drive for those in need was held. Thank you for donating some food and your time to help those less fortunate.
* Our Chaplain, Reverand Patrick Woods, C.SsR, received his 4th Degree at a ceremony held on Sunday, October 9, 2016. Congratulations Sir Father Pat! We are Proud of you and thank you for your leadership and guidance.
* Our Oktoberfest Dinner was Thursday, October 13th in our Lounge from 7-11. Reservations needed!
* Check out the currrent issue of Columbia (above). The official magazine for The Knights of Columbus. In the July issue, under the Section for News about the 50 States, there is an article submitted by our DGK Joe Interrante about our recent visit to the Home of the Knights of Columbus.
*Our Family Picnic was on Sunday, September 18 in our Grand Parking Lot! Another Fun Time has by all!
* Our Annual 300 Club Gala with drawings for the winning tickets was held Sunday, September 11. Be in it next year for a chance to win!
* St.Martins Parish Block Party was Friday, August 12th located in the St Martin's Parking Lot. We manned the grill!
*Our Fishing Trip at Captree was on Friday, June 10th! Breakfast and Lunch was included. Lots of Good Fishing Stories Developed!'
*Our Daytime Member Meeting was on Tuesday, June 21st at 11 AM. Nice to see folks coming down to the Council for a coffee and to renew old friendships!'h
* Our joint Blood Drive with St. Martins Parish was on Monday May 16th from 2 PM - 8 PM. Jack Batt managed this most worthwhile drive with great assistance from PGK Joe Brooks, GK Steve DeRosa and our brother Steve Descovich. Thank you for supporting it and Donating a Pint!
* We had a Daytime Member Meeting on Tuesday, May 17th at 11 AM.
* Thank you to those who joined us on Sunday, May 29th for the 5:30 PM Sunday evening Mass at St. Martins of Tours Church and continued as we walked in the Corpus Christi Procession that followed Mass.
* Wednesday, April 13, 2016 our Council took a day trip to where the Knights began - The Knights of Columbus Museum in New Haven, CT. DGK Joe Interrante organized a spectacular day! Please see separate tab with photos of the day!
* On Palm Sunday, we had our Annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children at our Council. A great time was once again had by all!
* Three of our young hoop stars are doing quite excellently in the continuing rounds of the K of C Free Throw Contest! Next event is the Regional Competition at Chaminade HS. Finals are in West Point! Their journey started on January 9th. Photo below.
*Sunday, March 6th was the Annual Bethpage St. Patricks Day Parade through Bethpage. The Council marched on a fully decorated Irish Float! Thanks for Watching and Cheering us!
* Sunday February 28th, we sponsored the St. Martin's Parish Pancake Breakfast at the Parish School Cafeteria. Please See Pictures Below!
*Super Bowl Party was held at Council Lounge - Sunday, February 7.
*Valentine's Wine and Cheese Party was held on Friday, February 12 - 7 PM. It was a classic event!
* We just concluded two ceremonies for First and Second Degrees at our Council (December 15th). Another First Degree may be held on March 15.
* 300 Raffle is underway - Each ticket entitles you to be included in the six months of multiple drawings PLUS free admittance to the "300 Club Cocktail Party"! Contact "300 Club" Chairman Tony Labadie for further information and tickets. This is a wonderful fundraiser and it is also FUN! Tickets were mailed to members, please return to Tony to be in it!
* Meatball Mania was a Spectacular Culinary Success at the Council! Held Friday, January 15th in our Main Hall. It hopefully becomes an annual tradition! Mangia!
* 2016 Annual Dues are due. Please send payment to FS Mark Kiam.
* RIP our Brother Knights who have passed on.